HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works! HowStuffWorks explains thousands of topics, ranging from the flu to black holes to conspiracy theories, with video and illustrations so you can learn how everything works.
- Jamais Vu Is Not Déjà Vu. It's Quite the Oppositeby Jennifer Walker-Journey on January 28, 2022 at 12:00 am
Ever find yourself momentarily disoriented in a familiar place or encounter a friend who looks like a stranger? You could be experiencing jamais vu.
- How Forensic Dentistry Worksby Shanna Freeman, Melanie Radzicki McManus on January 27, 2022 at 9:00 pm
If serial killer Ted Bundy hadn't been a biter, he might never have been caught. What can bite marks and teeth tell us about a person?
- A Holocaust Survivor's Surprising Message of Hopeby John Donovan on January 27, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Magda Herzberger was just a teen when she and her family were sent to Auschwitz. It was the last time she saw her father. Now 77 years after the liberation of Auschwitz, we tell her story of survival and why we must never forget.
- Paper-mache: Puppets, Piñatas and Bowls Anyone Can Makeby Muriel Vega on January 27, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Paper-mache has been used by ancient cultures and schoolchildren alike to create sculptures, masks and statues that are durable, light and easily fashioned from readily available materials.
- How Snow Makers Workby Tom Harris, Talon Homer on January 27, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Think you need to depend on Mother Nature for snow? Think again. With cool temperatures and a good supply of water, snow makers can cover the ground in the fluffy white stuff in no time.
Lifehacker Do everything better
- How Bad Is It to Fall Asleep to the TV?by Beth Skwarecki on January 27, 2022 at 9:00 pm
There are two kinds of people in the world, and I’m the kind that cannot fall asleep if a TV is playing anywhere near me. Fortunately, I married someone who feels the same way. But plenty of folks love to fall asleep with the TV on—and some 60% of Americans watch it in the hour before bed, according to one 2011…Read more...
- What to Do When Your Laptop Keeps Overheatingby Jake Peterson on January 27, 2022 at 8:00 pm
If your laptop tends to overheat, you’re likely familiar with the signs: fans that spin louder than a jet engine, a computer that’s too hot to use on your lap, and the general sense that your machine is fighting for its life. Constant overheating is no way to live with a laptop—in fact, you can help cool it down using…Read more...
- An Age-by-Age Guide to Teaching Your Kids Basic Life Skillsby Sarah Showfety on January 27, 2022 at 7:00 pm
I recently saw a TikTok featuring a young woman who didn’t know how to use a toaster oven, claiming something to the effect of, “My parents just always made my toast and I didn’t know there were different settings. Mine came out cold—and untoasted.” Needless to say, I was shook.Read more...
- The Easiest DIY Furniture Projects to Make With Leftover Woodby Becca Lewis on January 27, 2022 at 6:30 pm
If you have leftover boards from a previous home-improvement project—or you’re just looking for a simple carpentry project to tackle—there are several things you can make that will add budget-friendly storage and function to your home. Try these DIY projects, each of which only requires three or four tools and…Read more...
- Yell at Your Google Assistant to STFUby Jake Peterson on January 27, 2022 at 5:30 pm
Google Assistant is great, but sometimes it’s annoying...like when you want to know something quick, but the assistant insists on elaborating. Other times, something can set off your Google Assistant by mistake, forcing a response you never asked for in the first place. No matter the circumstance, you don’t want to…Read more...
Mental Floss Random, Interesting, Amazing Facts - Fun Quizzes and Trivia
- You Gotta Believe: How PaRappa the Rapper Took Music Video Games to Another Levelby Jake Rossen on January 27, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Rhythm-loving dog PaRappa the Rapper was a surprise hit for the Sony PlayStation in 1996. But he was almost a rapping shrimp.
- A Godzilla Monsterverse TV Show Is Coming to Apple TV+by Dan Selcke on January 27, 2022 at 6:00 pm
The big green lizard is making its way to the small screen as Apple TV+ just announced a new Godzilla series.
- Indulge Your Sweet Tooth This Valentine’s Day With a Box of David’s Cookies—and Save With This Discount Codeby Elaine Selna on January 27, 2022 at 5:30 pm
Now through Wednesday, February 16, you can take 15 percent off your purchase of David's Cookies Valentine’s Day goodies with this special code.
- The U.S. Government Is Distributing Free N95 Masks Across the Country—Here's How to Claim Yoursby Michele Debczak on January 27, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Starting the last week of January, N95 masks from the Strategic National Stockpile will be free to people who know where to find them.
- Guitarist Turns The Fellowship of the Ring Into a 3-Hour Metal Songby Daniel Roman on January 27, 2022 at 4:30 pm
YouTuber Bradley Hall has released an epic, three-hour metal rendition of 'The Fellowship of the Rings' score.
- Archetype Family: Thinking
- Other Expressions: Professional, Student, Scholar, Judge
- Life Journey: To pursue knowledge for the sake of discovering thruth in all areas of life.
- Unique Challenge: To recognize when I’ve locked myself into a line of thinking
based on my education or experience; to remain open to new ideas.
- Lesson To Learn: To learn to listen to my gut, and to discern the differences between reason and truth.
- Defining Grace: Wisdom
- Challenge To Self: I will avoid paralysis by analysis.
THE CRONE: The wise woman who hands down information to younger women on the path to womanhood. You can also become bitter, cranky and intolerant with age.
THE SEEKER: You are on a search for truth and wisdom wherever it can be found. You can also be a lost soul.
THE PHILOSOPHER: You are on a pursuit to better understand the meaning of life . You can also become too opinionated and “certain”.
THE THEOLOGIAN: You are passionate about the study of a particular religion. You can also be dogmatic.
THE JUDGE: You excel at mediation, arbitration and cutting through to the heart of the matter with compassion , fairness and balance. You can also be prone to excessive criticism, profiling, lack of compassion, misuse of laws.
THE INVENTOR: You are a modern day alchemist that converts matter into energy or energy into matter. You can apply your skills between the spiritual , entertainment or visionary realms. You can also use your knowledge to trick , manipulate, or alter facts or systems with criminal implications.
THE SCHOLAR/STUDENT: Scholars and students bring a lively curiosity with them wherever they go.
THE GEEK: Geeks and nerds are true to themselves, and because of this they can be inspiring as friends who don’t judge books by their covers or people by their shoes.
THE SCIENTIST: Scientists are able to keep several ideas in their heads at the same time. They are as happy listening as talking and are always up for an intelligent conversation.
THE LIAR: When individuals whose stock and trade is their wisdom and knowledge cannot deliver the goods, they resort to fabrication, hiding behind their authority.
THE MISANTHROPE: While many Intellectuals are humanists, drawing information from all kinds of people and delighting in imparting wisdom to just as many, some are misanthropic.