HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works! HowStuffWorks explains thousands of topics, ranging from the flu to black holes to conspiracy theories, with video and illustrations so you can learn how everything works.
- How the James Webb Space Telescope Worksby Nicholas Gerbis, Sarah Gleim on September 23, 2021 at 10:56 pm
NASA plans to launch the James Webb Space Telescope into orbit Dec. 18, 2021, to serve as the premier deep space observatory for the next decade. Ready to meet the mighty Webb?
- How to Change Your Name on Facebookby Jeremy Glass on September 23, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Want to change your name on Facebook? It's easy to do in just a few simple steps.
- 7,000 Steps Is the New 10,000 Stepsby Lindsay Bottoms on September 23, 2021 at 6:00 pm
If you're always falling short of that arbitrary 10,000-step daily goal, we have good news. Your health can benefit just as much if you hit fewer steps, too.
- The Elephant Hawk Moth Is the 'Ugly Duckling' of Mothsby Jesslyn Shields on September 23, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The elephant hawk moth is breathtakingly beautiful as an adult, but as a baby ... not so much.
- Here's What's Really in Your Pumpkin Spice Latteby Alia Hoyt on September 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Fall's official beverage, as some call it, is seriously lacking in pumpkin and spices.
Lifehacker Do everything better
- This Site Can Tell You If Anyone Else Has Taken Pictures With Your Cameraby Stephen Johnson on September 23, 2021 at 10:30 pm
The frustration and despair of losing your camera (or, god forbid, having one stolen) is legendary, even in era of the smartphone camera. Just think: losing both a piece of expensive gear and the priceless digital mementos of your trip to Yonkers. But after you’ve shaken your fist at the heavens and re…Read more...
- Drop These Phrases From Your Vocabulary If You Want to Sound More Confidentby Sarah Showfety on September 23, 2021 at 9:00 pm
There are several words and phrases we’ve all used that can inadvertently diminish our authority and make us sound less than confident. When we say these with any kind of regularity, they water down our message—and, with it, people’s ability to take us seriously. Keep your ear out for these apprehensive phrases and…Read more...
- Scaring Them Back Isn’t Funny, and Other Things Haunted House Performers Want You to Knowby Meredith Dietz on September 23, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Spooky season is fast-approaching, and for many thrill-seekers, that means it’s time to pay other people to scare the crap out of you at a haunted house.Read more...
- What's New on Hulu in October 2021by Joel Cunningham on September 23, 2021 at 7:30 pm
I’d say October is going to be a rough month for the people behind the big pharma companies largely responsible for the United States’ opioid crisis, given that Hulu is debuting a hard-hitting documentary series exploring the harm that horrific business has done in the world, but, oh, they’re billionaires with…Read more...
- How to Get Your Kids to Exercise More Without Being That Parentby Rachel Fairbank on September 23, 2021 at 7:00 pm
My husband and I have a routine of switching off between watching our toddler so that we can go and play our grown-up sports of volleyball, tennis, and boxing. Read more...
Mental Floss Random, Interesting, Amazing Facts - Fun Quizzes and Trivia
- Tips for Growing a Giant Pumpkinby Michele Debczak on September 23, 2021 at 5:30 pm
With the right seeds and growing conditions, you can cultivate a 300-pound pumpkin in time for next Halloween.
- These Happy Meal Concepts Inspired By Labyrinth, The Shining, and More Are an '80s Kid's Dream Come Trueby Michele Debczak on September 23, 2021 at 5:00 pm
This line of '80s-inspired action figures and boxes from The Toy Zone imagines what Happy Meals for adults would look like.
- For Sale: The Haunted House That Inspired The Conjuringby Ellen Gutoskey on September 23, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Ed and Lorraine Warren investigated this ultra-haunted house in Rhode Island decades ago. The paranormal activity hasn’t stopped.
- You Can Save Big at Wayfair and Spruce Up Your Outdoor Space for the Fallby Elaine Selna on September 23, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Save money on outdoor products like furniture, lighting, and accessories with Wayfair’s huge fall sale.
- 10 Luxurious Palaces You Can Stay Inby Lucie Grace on September 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Sleep like royalty at these palaces around the world. Tiaras and crowns not provided—you'll have to source your own.
- Archetype Family: Thinking
- Other Expressions: Professional, Student, Scholar, Judge
- Life Journey: To pursue knowledge for the sake of discovering thruth in all areas of life.
- Unique Challenge: To recognize when I’ve locked myself into a line of thinking
based on my education or experience; to remain open to new ideas.
- Lesson To Learn: To learn to listen to my gut, and to discern the differences between reason and truth.
- Defining Grace: Wisdom
- Challenge To Self: I will avoid paralysis by analysis.
THE CRONE: The wise woman who hands down information to younger women on the path to womanhood. You can also become bitter, cranky and intolerant with age.
THE SEEKER: You are on a search for truth and wisdom wherever it can be found. You can also be a lost soul.
THE PHILOSOPHER: You are on a pursuit to better understand the meaning of life . You can also become too opinionated and “certain”.
THE THEOLOGIAN: You are passionate about the study of a particular religion. You can also be dogmatic.
THE JUDGE: You excel at mediation, arbitration and cutting through to the heart of the matter with compassion , fairness and balance. You can also be prone to excessive criticism, profiling, lack of compassion, misuse of laws.
THE INVENTOR: You are a modern day alchemist that converts matter into energy or energy into matter. You can apply your skills between the spiritual , entertainment or visionary realms. You can also use your knowledge to trick , manipulate, or alter facts or systems with criminal implications.
THE SCHOLAR/STUDENT: Scholars and students bring a lively curiosity with them wherever they go.
THE GEEK: Geeks and nerds are true to themselves, and because of this they can be inspiring as friends who don’t judge books by their covers or people by their shoes.
THE SCIENTIST: Scientists are able to keep several ideas in their heads at the same time. They are as happy listening as talking and are always up for an intelligent conversation.
THE LIAR: When individuals whose stock and trade is their wisdom and knowledge cannot deliver the goods, they resort to fabrication, hiding behind their authority.
THE MISANTHROPE: While many Intellectuals are humanists, drawing information from all kinds of people and delighting in imparting wisdom to just as many, some are misanthropic.