Caregiver Content from around the Web
News From food recalls and new products to health studies and the latest news about Martha herself, we're you're go-to source for the news you want to know about.
- Stay Up to Watch the Rare Green Comet Shooting Across Tonight's Sky—It Was Last Seen 50,000 Years Agoby Martha Stewart on January 12, 2023 at 9:54 pm
On January 12, 2023, a green comet, formally known as C/2022 E3, will make its first appearance in 50,000 years—and will be visible from Earth. Here's when and how to see the comet, which will also be captured via a livestream that begins at 11 p.m. ET.
- 11 Spectacular Celestial Events to See in 2023—No Telescope Requiredby Martha Stewart on January 11, 2023 at 9:15 pm
These are the celestial events to see in 2023, such as meteor showers and supermoons, that won't require you to use a telescope or other stargazing equipment to observe them.
- Is Your Dog Right- or Left-Handed? Here's How to Find Out, According to New Researchby Martha Stewart on January 10, 2023 at 9:17 pm
A new meta-analysis found that dogs may have a preference when it comes to which paw they use. According to the research, knowing if your pet is right- or left-handed may be an indicator of their current emotional state.
- The First Full Moon of 2023 Will Peak This Week—Here's When to See January's Wolf Moonby Martha Stewart on January 4, 2023 at 10:07 pm
The first full moon of the new year, called the Wolf Moon, will rise in the night sky this week. Here's when to see January's full moon.
- Staying Properly Hydrated Can Actually Extend Your Life, According to New Researchby Martha Stewart on January 3, 2023 at 10:11 pm
A new study finds that consuming enough water each day can decrease your chance of developing chronic diseases, dying early, and being biologically older than your chronological age
The Everygirl The life map for Everygirls everywhere
- How to Get Rid of Forehead Acneby Lauren Harano on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
Four letters, one word, and instant dread: Acne. At some point in most people’s lives—whether in middle school, high school, The post How to Get Rid of Forehead Acne appeared first on The Everygirl.
- Taylor Swift Was Just Spotted Wearing the It-Girl Sandals of the Summerby Madeline Galassi on June 2, 2023 at 1:00 am
After years of Taylor Swift being a virtual recluse, this month has brought a flurry of paparazzi photos of her The post Taylor Swift Was Just Spotted Wearing the It-Girl Sandals of the Summer appeared first on The Everygirl.
- Life Hack: Here’s How to Nail Your Passport Photoby bellagil on June 1, 2023 at 7:56 pm
We’ve all heard of passport photo makeup—it did go viral last summer, after all—but what about the passport photo outfit? The post Life Hack: Here’s How to Nail Your Passport Photo appeared first on The Everygirl.
- Your Ultimate Guide to Cleaning Tarnished Jewleryby The Everygirl on June 1, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Jewelry is truly the icing on the cake for completing any look. It can add just a little bit of The post Your Ultimate Guide to Cleaning Tarnished Jewlery appeared first on The Everygirl.
- The Everygirl’s June 2023 Streaming Guideby haileyb on June 1, 2023 at 5:30 pm
Want to stay in and watch a show? Me too. I used to get excited to dress up and stay The post The Everygirl’s June 2023 Streaming Guide appeared first on The Everygirl.
The Chalkboard A Guide to Living Well
- 16 Healthy Father’s Day Gifts For Your Dad’s Well-Beingby The Chalkboard Editorial Team on June 1, 2023 at 12:00 am
- Keto King Mark Sisson’s Crispy Dandelion Greens with Hazelnutsby The Chalkboard Editorial Team on May 31, 2023 at 10:00 am
- Learning To Let Go: How To Practice Yoga Nidra For Deeper Relaxationby The Chalkboard Editorial Team on May 30, 2023 at 10:00 am
- Better Than Bruschetta? A Toast Recipe For The Start of Tomato Seasonby The Chalkboard Editorial Team on May 28, 2023 at 10:00 am
- Art Therapy: 8 Ways to Use Art to Improve Your Mental Healthby The Chalkboard Editorial Team on May 25, 2023 at 1:00 am
- Archetype Family: Caring
- Other Expressions: Nurturer, Mother, Lover, Sister, Teacher, Rescuer, Homemaker, Heroine, Best Friend, Companion
- Life Journey: Care for others in ways they are unable to care for themselves.
- Unique Challenge: Fear of being thought of as selfish.
- Lesson To Learn: Learning to help when it’s really needed.
- Defining Grace: Compassion
- Challenge To Self: How can I dedicate more time for myself so I have more stamina to care for others? Can I give myself the freedom to explore what truly makes me happy?
THE TEACHER: Confident as they are curious, archetypal teachers are excellent listeners who are also willing to admit when they don’t know something. Seldom shy or at a loss for words, many succeed at teaching because they are charismatic.
THE PARENT: Parents are reliable, compassionate, stern but yielding, and very organized, with an unsurpassed ability to listen without imposing their own point of view too quickly.
THE RESCUER: Rescuers are courageous and selfless, throwing themselves into dangerous situations because they genuinely want and need to help, not for fame or glory.
The BFF BFFs are the people you know you can turn to at the worst and best of times. They are there when the going gets tough and ready for fun when the living is easy.
THE MENTOR Unselfishly open to those hungry to learn, great Mentors give confidence to those who need it.
THE NURSE Nurses are able to stay calm and function in emergencies. They have strong powers of endurance as well, so that they can continue giving care over long periods of time.
In the Shadow - Meet the Shadowed members of the CAREGIVER Family. Everyone has a dark side, what is yours?
THE VICTIM Whether enslaved or codependent, Caregivers who go too far will end up Victims, not just of the people for whom they are caring but of their own guilt and feelings of inadequacy.
THE CODEPENDENT Caregivers can become ensnared in situations beyond their control and wrongly take responsibility when things go badly.
- Angelina Jolie – see her page on Archetypes
- Dr. Oz – visit Dr. Oz’s page on Archetypes
- Reese Witherspoon – read her Archetypes profile